Follow by Email

Search This Blog

Monday, May 7, 2012

Debi's Miracle Prayer


The story below was recently posted by my friend Debi Smith on a Facebook group she started called Friends of the Bay Revival (or Little Bay for short). I’ve known Debi since the mid-seventies, which is when the event below occurred. We have been through a lot of trials and tribulations together. I was also acquainted with Evelyn H. mentioned in the story. I loaned Debi my little old VW beetle to get to the Kathryn Kuhlman meeting.

Debi is a home care giver in TX. I fixed some of the grammar and spelling, but the words came bubbling out of her pretty much as you see it below.
__________

God has given words over me back in the ‘70’s. I don’t know what He is gonna do... But I’m gonna be listening, and I want to be God’s Love to those who can’t pay back... there have been those who have been that to me. We all hear how Jesse Duplantis does things like that! I want God to help where and when it’s needed. I have seen miracles.

I remember the very first time I felt this towards a total stranger. He was walkin’ on the edge of the sidewalk half in the street. But see, that was the only way he could walk straight... one of his legs was a lot shorter than the other one. My heart! Oh, I just wanted to cry for him... so I told my friend to pull over and stop! I told her, “Look back in your mirror. See that man walking? Well, trying to walk? God wants to heal him.” So we got out and started talking to him. We convinced him to let us pray for him. I had a leg shorter, and a Christian brother prayed, and it grew out in front of my eyes! I just didn’t want him to have to struggle like that anymore. So we went behind a building looking for a place to measure his feet.

And when he sat down and I got both feet in front of him, I thought, “Oh my God! What have I gotten myself into? His one leg was AT LEAST 3 1/2 inches shorter than the other one. I thought, I don’t have faith for that! But now look, what I got myself into? But Ev and I began to pray that God would heal him.

I was just a kid in my early 20’s. What did I know? I had been to a Katheryn Kulman meeting, and I saw with my own eyes a woman who was wheeled in on a gurney. She literally looked like death warmed over. I was watchin’ that lady. I was singin’ in the choir, so I had a bird's eye view. She was white as a ghost, and I knew that anyone staying in bed for a week couldn’t stand up like that, especially being so sick and all. But I watched this lady pull out her IV. Her nurse just gasped at her. She sat up and immediately stood and began pushing her gurney all over that auditorium! My life from that day was never the same. She had cancer!

Anyways... this little man just sat there and looked at me. I had said my little prayer and didn’t know what else to do. So Ev and I started prayin’ in tongues, and in a little while I heard the shoe squeekin’. And in front of my eyes that man’s leg grew out even with his other leg and foot. Well, that man had just told me, “I’ve been this way all my life.” He was probably in his late 40’s and so poor. But this man jumped up and started runnin’ and jumping for the first time in his life. Needless to say, I was in total shock! He wanted to give us all the money in his wallet. We told him, we don’t want your money, we just wanted God to help you. It was several months later that I saw that man riding a bike, which I’m SURE he had never been able to do all his life. So I know what it is to pray and see miracle.

There was also a woman in the hospital where I worked at the time who had liver failure, and the same pit in my stomach hit me. The long and short of it, she was given up and was in total liver failure, and she was there to die. But I went to her and asked if I could pray for her. The Lord healed her, too. I want to just encourage you all to Let God be God Wherever you are. We are the Church. Let’s Let God be God to all we come in contact with.
_____________________

My next blog will be about NDE’s, the negative ones. Watch for “Maybe It’s Not Safe to Die.”
Remember that you can sign up in the box above for email alerts. If you are German, French, etc., and the universal translator doesn’t work too well [they pretty much stink] try adding reverso.com, dict.cc, or dict.leo.org. The dictionary forums are very helpful.