Follow by Email

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Angel Story

I was 20 years old, in college at the U. of Washington. This crazy Pentecostal Christian lady had led me to Christ at the end of my Sophomore year. We decided that it would be nice if I could move in with her the following Fall quarter so we could go to church together, pray, and study the Bible. I already spoke in tongues. One night while visiting her house I was lying in bed asking God how anything so weird and supernatural could ever happen to someone like me. By way of answer, I saw a vision in light just above my head. It was the Scripture "Luke 3:16." I jumped up, turned on the light, and grabbed my Bible and see what it said. "NIV - John answered them all, 'I baptize you with water. But one more powerful than I will come, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.'" So when I actually knelt at the metal chair in the church prayer room, surrounded by some ladies willing to 'pray me through,' I had that promise with me.

Darlene and I prayed all summer that my roommate Carol would come back from Olympia, WA and tell me that she wanted to move out or something. I didn't want to leave her holding the bag, having to pay the rent by herself. I didn't want to be selfish. Nothing happened all summer. Carol returned, and I had to face the music. One night I wandered into the living room of our basement apartment. Carol was fast asleep in her bedroom. I got on my knees and prayed a prayer of dedication to God and told him that tomorrow morning I would tell Carol. I prayed that it would be alright and not a bad testimony that would be a stumbling block to her.

In the morning, I broke the news. Carol told me that that in the night she had had a dream. She and I and an angel were standing in the living room. The angel was very tall, wearing a white robe. It had wings. It was talking to Carol in a language she didn't understand, but she knew exactly what was going on. She nodded, then she and the angel shook hands. The angel put his arm around my shoulder and he and I went out the front door. So when Carol awoke that morning, she knew that I would be leaving that she had assented to it the night before.

How do I know that the entity I left with was really an angel and not just a spirit guide? Or a demon, or an alien? Why do angels need wings, why wear white robes? For answers to those questions, see my next blog.